NUS Open QA is in active development. To give you a better idea of the changes to look out for, these are some of the improvements we are seeking to add to the project:
- Re-work of answer retrieval phase to bring the currently primitive pattern-based answer extraction algorithm closer to the state-of-the-art
- Generalisation of input/output modules so that it wll be easier to customise the data formats that can be used with the framework
- Addition of support for list typed questions for the reference QA system bundled with the QANUS download
- Hosting of the code in an open-source directory, like Sourceforge
If you have any suggestions on how to add on to and enhance NUS Open QA, please do contact me!
- Addition of a “evaluation” package to NUS Open QA so that it can automatically compute the accuracy of returned results given an answer file to the questions posed
- Setting up of a live, interactive demo of the system over the Web